Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, April 2, 2014

NANA SAYS ONE ON ONE TIME WITH CHILDREN IS SPECIAL

One on one time with children allows a relationship to flourish differently. Yes family time is important and siblings need to cooperate with each other. But having alone time with a child nurtures the personality. As a Nana, I love the times I can have one grandchild alone. A conversation can occur. An activity the child loves can happen. With one little grandson he plays Snakes and Ladders with me. I get to sit cross legged on the floor with him. Different ages bring different play. Sometimes just being in the same room doing a similar craft can let the child know someone is there. Talking about a common interest. Looking at a book together are simple things but meaningful. Find time in your busy life to  spend some real quality time with the children in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment