Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, April 4, 2014

CANADIANS ADAPTING TO THE CHANGE OF SEASONS WHICH APRIL BRINGS

The change from winter to spring brings some interesting images. The remaining snow becomes very dirty especially if near a road. Those doggie owners that did not poop and scope make the sidewalks littered with-well doggie poop!!The puddles that abound are not good for winter boots so the dilemma-when to wear rain boots or convert to running shoes. Although even with cool temperatures I have witnessed people with long shorts or Capri pants already and bare legs and summer shoes! Jumping the season a little! On my walk to work yesterday, my ears were cold because I resisted wearing a hat! I have layered down though. No sweater or hoodie under my winter coat. I still wear it because it is warm. I have been checking my gardens for one sign of a little bulb trying to break through the ground. Usually my little white snow drops are the first. Lots of birdies are singing! I love it on my walk to work to hear Mother Nature at its best. Not so excited to see the red Fox scurry across the road near the hospital to go into the ravine! Love nature but wild animals should be in the wild. There are coyotes seen in our area too. But do you notice the mood changes when people can be outside Some areas of the country still have too much snow but their Spring will come soon too! With Easter coming in a few weeks, the outdoor furniture will be put out the back-maybe this weekend. A sure sign warmer weather is coming. One of my little pleasures in life is to have a spot outside where I can eat, read, think and sometimes nap!! For me the start of anything is the best. April brings the hope of a warmer season. Oh yes I have experienced storms and bad weather in April. Today is my younger daughter's birthday. After her birth many years ago, there was a cold, icy rain and rainy cold weather for the next few days. So my spring baby experienced a cold April. Nevertheless, hopeful and forward moving to our spring/summer seasons. I am getting the urge for some roads and photo opts and what adventures no matter how small!! Oh April!! Canadians need to be flexible and have patience! How is your April going? Are you getting over the winter blues? Do you have plans for the months to come? Or are you just going with the flow?

No comments:

Post a Comment